At this field station we offer the following public services by appointment:
- America the Beautiful Passes
- Season fishing pass for $60
- Special Use Permit
- Special Use Permit - Commercial Photography
Please call the Visitor Center at 303-289-0930 for details and to schedule an appointment. Please note the Visitor Center is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. All passes and permits sales are cash and check only; sorry, we cannot process debit or credit cards.
Special Use Permits
Apply for a Special Use Permit
The National Wildlife Refuge System has Special Use Permit (SUP) Applications to enable the public to engage in permitted activities on a. Some commercial, recreational and research activities are allowed on national wildlife refuges only with a special use permit issued by the local office and are subject to specific conditions and fees.
These forms are available here in a fillable format: https://www.fws.gov/service/special-use-permits-national-wildlife-refuges
Which form do I need?
Commercial Activities Special Use Permit Application (FWS Form 3-1383-C) for
- Commercial activities such as guiding interpretation, anglers, or other outdoor users
- Commercial filming (audio, video, and photographic products of a monetary value)
Research and Monitoring Special Use Permit Application (FWS Form 3-1383-R) for
- Research and monitoring activities by students, universities, or other non-FWS organizations
General Activity Special Use Permit Application (FWS Form 3-1383-G) for
- Miscellaneous events (fishing tournaments, one-time events, other special events)
- Education activity
- Other (any activity not mentioned above)
Prospective permit holders may fill out the corresponding application and return it to the refuge for processing. Please allow two weeks for permit processing.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocky Mountain Arsenal NWR HQ
6550 Gateway Road
Commerce City, CO 80022
The permit is not valid until approved and signed by a refuge official.