Purchasing a Junior Duck Stamps supports wildlife conservation education and grows our next generation of Duck Stamp artists and enthusiasts.
The date of the First Day of Issue for the 2024-2025 Duck Stamp and Junior Duck Stamp is tentatively scheduled for 10 am on June 28, 2024 in Hannover, MD. Please check back for more details.
Each year, tens of thousands of students spend time exploring wetlands and waterfowl and learning about the anatomy and ecological needs of their chosen species of waterfowl. They share what they have learned through a painting or drawing. Top entries from each State contest are sent to the National Junior Duck Stamp Contest from which an overall winner is chosen. A $5 stamp is created from the national entry and the stamp is sold to raise funds to promote conservation education in every state, Washington D.C., and the U.S. territories.
We offer a variety of methods for you to purchase the annual stamp and support conservation education among our youth.
Who Needs It
Junior Duck Stamps are purchased solely to perpetuate this unique wetland conservation education program. A “cinderella stamp”, Junior Duck Stamps cannot be used for postage and are not a mandatory purchase for young hunters. However, Junior Duck Stamps are the only stable funding source for this conservation program which annually impacts over 300,000 students, educators, families, and communities.
Stamp and wildlife art collectors add to their valuable collections and support conservation education at the same time.
Many Federal Duck Stamp artists began their journeys as Junior Duck Stamp artists. Others who have participated in the program have become art or science educators or gone on to a career in the wildlife conservation field. We are still waiting for the first national Junior Duck Stamp artist to win the coveted Federal Duck Stamp Art Contest.
- Purchase your Junior Duck Stamp
- First Day of Issue of the 2023-2024 Federal Duck Stamp and Junior Duck Stamp was on June 24, 2023; these stamps are available for three years through Amplex and the US Postal Store
- First Day of Issue for the 2024-2025 stamps will be on June 28, 2024. Check back for more details.
- Some National Wildlife Refuges also carry Junior Duck Stamps – ask when you visit them!
- Special events such as the annual First Day of Issue and some wildlife festivals may have a table set up for Junior Duck Stamp sales.
- Contact the Duck Stamp Office for additional locations.
- Share it with your friends and family and show your support for wildlife conservation education
- Encourage the youth in your life to participate in the Junior Duck Stamp Program