Laws and Regulations
General Refuge Regulations
- Abide by all posted signs. Signs may change seasonally to reflected updated closures and regulations.
- No stopping or parking a vehicle on Refuge roads. Please use pullouts provided.
- Refuge road access at night is for thru traffic only. All parking areas are closed after sunset.
- No camping, night parking, campfires, or warming fires.
- No drones.
- No off-road or off-designated path travel.
- No collecting or transporting any natural product, including shed antlers, from the Refuge.
May 1st Opening
Starting May 1 at 6AM, the Refuge Road beyond the county maintained section opens to public. This allows access to the Curtis Canyon and Flat Creek Roads and the adjoining Bridger-Teton National Forest. This area is closed each winter from December 1 through April 30 to protect wintering wildlife.
Notice for May 1, 2022: The Town of Jackson has changed the procedure for accessing the Refuge Road. For more information on shed collection in Teton County, Wyoming, please visit this site.
Please read Fishing Regulations (pdf) for more information.
Other Federal Register Notices, Laws, Treaties, and Regulations
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list.