Our Services

A researcher inspects a birdbox.

Special Use Permits

Some commercial, recreational, and research activities are allowed on national wildlife refuges only with a special use permit issued by the local office, and are subject to specific conditions and fees. This permit requirement is meant to ensure that all activities at the federal site are compatible with the refuge’s Congressionally mandated wildlife conservation goals. Special use permits may limit the scope, timing and location of the activity, as determined by the refuge where the activity would take place.

Commercial Activities 

Includes: workshops, professional photography, & wildlife viewing tours. Application Form

Research & Monitoring

Includes: biological work & geological monitoring. Application Form

General Activities

All other permits. Application Form

For questions or to submit completed application form, please email Raena Parsons, Visitor Services Manager: raena_parsons@fws.gov

A minimum of ten business days is required to request a permit.