Archery Range will be Closed December 6 and 7 from 10:00 am - noon for maintenance.
Bring your bow and arrows to the Havana Ponds Trail free walk-up archery range located on the south side of the Refuge. The range is open daily from sunrise to sunset. The new range is part of the National Wildlife Refuge System’s commitment to expand outdoor skill centers.
The range has 10 lanes with shooting distances of 10 to 60 yards. Lane 11 is for broadheads with your own target only, and target should be no farther than 60 yards. The range is first come-first served and is free. Youth under 16 should be accompanied by an adult. No more than two people at a target and shoot no more than 4 arrows at a time as a courtesy to others waiting.
- Refuge hours sunrise to sunset.
- Overhead shooting prohibited.
- Do not shoot towards or harass wildlife.
- Use of crossbows, spears, firearms, BB guns, and other weapons prohibited on archery range.
- It is your responsibility to know all Refuge rules and regulations for the protection of wildlife and visitors.
1. Follow archery shooting procedures.
2. Number of arrows in = number of arrows out
3. Only shoot at designated targets.
4. Always be aware of the target and what is beyond the target.
5. Always keep bow pointed toward targets.
6. Always draw bow with arrow parallel to the ground.
7. Only nock arrows at the shooting line.
8. Always have an arrow knocked when drawing to eliminate the possibility of dry fire.
9. Broadhead shooting is only allowed on Lane # 11 with your own targets, and placed no farther than 60 yards.
10. Anyone 16 and under must be under adult supervision.
Archery Range Rules
1. Use of Range is at your own risk.
2. Complete registration card in brochure box and deposit into brown registration box.
3. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Only bows and arrows (Compound or Recurve) permitted.
5. Only use field points or target points on range targets.
6. Broadheads only permitted on Lane # 11, and placed no farther than 60 yards.
7. Shoot downrange at designated lane targets only.
8. Only shoot from behind the designated shooting line.
9. Maximum two archers per shooting lane.
10. Nock arrows when downrange is clear of people and wildlife.
11. Always draw bow parallel to the ground.
12. Immediately cease shooting if people or wildlife come into range view.
13. Recover arrows only when the shooting line is clear.