Ways to Get Involved
Agents of Discovery
Are you ready to explore the Refuge from your phone? You can play the Agents of Discovery missions at Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge! This mission begins outside of the visitor center at 2 Marshlands road Fremont CA 94555, and has challenges along the nature play area and the LaRiviere Marsh Trail.
If you want to test your luck at fishing, check out the Let's Go Fishing Mission at the Dumbarton Bridge fishing pier. To get to the fishing pier drive all the way down Marshlands Rd, the mission starts at the beginning of the Fishing Pier. This mission requires walking and a mobile device with internet access.
To play Agents of Discovery, follow these instructions:
- Download the Agents of Discovery app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Make sure your mobile device's GPS is enabled.
- Open the app. Login to your account, or create a new account if you are a new agent. You do not need an account to play, but you will need to create an account if you want to save a history of the missions you have completed.
- Tap "Missions" at the home screen.
- The app automatically finds the missions that are closest to your location. If you are at the refuge, the Don Edwards mission will automatically appear at the top.
- Open the mission you wish to accept.
- Mission "challenges" are GPS-triggered. As you move along the mission route, your mobile device will alert you when you get near the location of the next challenge.
- When a new challenge appears on your screen, tap to open it. You will learn fun facts about nature and wildlife, and then get a puzzle to solve.
- Solve all the challenges to complete the mission!
Agents of Discovery missions can be found at refuges, parks, nature centers, and museums all over the United States and Canada! Look for them when you travel, or visit the Agents of Discovery website for a list.