Facility Rules and Policies

Know Before You Go

Dogs on a 6-foot leash are permitted only on the the Tidelands Trail, Harrier Spur Trail, Quarry Trail, and Marshlands Road near the Visitor Center in Fremont. Dogs are prohibited on all other trails and lands throughout the refuge.

Special Use Permits

All organized group activities, including portrait and event photography – commercial or otherwise, as well as tours and large group visits – requires a special use permit. For more information or to obtain a permit, please visit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Permits page or contact the Refuge Manager at sfbaynwrc@fws.gov.