Skip to main content
Laws and Regulations
Please Keep the Following In Mind
- Pets must be on a leash or under control.
- The refuge is open to walk-in access only.
- Park in designated parking areas.
- Observe wildlife from a safe distance. Young animals should be left alone.
- Help protect resources. All plants, wildlife, and cultural features on the refuge are protected and it is illegal to remove them.
- Persons possessing, transporting, or carrying firearms on National Wildlife Refuges must comply with all provisions of state and local law. Persons may only use (discharge) firearms in accordance with refuge regulations.
- Littering, dumping garbage, waste or household items.
- Release of wild or domestic animals.
- Use of pits or permanent blinds are prohibited. Temporary blinds must be removed at the end of the hunting season.
- Spotlighting - artificial light may not be used to locate wildlife.
- Marking trails with paint or flagging tape, ribbons, or trail tacks.
- Use of UTV/ATV's.
- Horseback riding.
- Open fires/campfires.
- Taking of wildlife or plants (including cutting live trees or brush, mushroom picking, and deer shed or feather collection) except game species by licensed hunters during permitted hunting seasons.