Facility Rules and Policies
Rules and Policies
Access to the hatchery trails and lands are open from sunrise until sunset unless otherwise posted. Do not enter areas signed as closed. Please consult the hatchery-specific brochures or contact the visitor center for complete rules and regulations.
- Vehicles must stay on designated access roads, public roads, and parking areas.
- Handicapped accessible parking is available at Hatchery Creek. Other anglers should park in the main parking lot of the visitors center.
- The use of ATVs, UTVs or golf carts anywhere on the refuge.
- Use of any motorized or mechanical equipment in the hatchery area.
- Drones (UAVs) taking off, landing and/or flying on or over hatchery land.
- Launching, landing or disturbing of wildlife by aircraft (includes drones) at the hatchery; this includes for recreational or commercial purposes.
- Camping, open fires and overnight parking.
- Training pets and allowing pets off leash.
- Abandoning, discarding or otherwise leaving any personal property-all property brought onto a hatchery must be removed at the end of each day and includes, but is not limited to vehicles, boats, fishing equipment, photography equipment, and trash.
- Destructing, defacing, disturbing or unauthorized removal of any natural object, artifact, cultural resource or government property.
- Disposing of animal carcasses, trash, refuse, rocks, wood or other debris.
- Cutting, mowing, sawing, digging, collecting, injuring or removing vegetation.
- Commercial enterprise without a special use permit.
- Use or possession of any illegal drug or drug paraphernalia is prohibited.
- Possession of a firearm inside any building.
- Fishing at Hatchery Creek is open year-round.
- Fishing hours are from sunrise to sunset.
- Fishing license and trout stamp required for anyone 16 and older.
- It is divided into two sections, an upper park-like section where anglers can keep up to 5 trout and a lower section which is catch and release only.
- For more information visit: Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources.
In addition to these provisions, all state laws, county codes and federal regulations apply to the hatchery. If you have any questions about the legality of any activity, please contact the hatchery office.