Skip to main content
Facility Rules and Policies
Unmanned Aircraft & Drones
- The use of unmanned aircraft or drones on the refuge is prohibited.
Night Time Use
- There is no camping, overnight parking, or any other night time use allowed, with the exception of early/late access for hunting.
- There is no fishing allowed on Toppenish.
- No trapping of any kind is allowed on Toppenish NWR.
- The refuge is open for day use only for all activities, except hunting, sunrise to sunset; no overnight parking or camping is allowed.
- Hunters are allowed access from 1-1/2 hours before legal hunting time to 1-1/2 hours after legal hunting time.
- Parking is allowed in designated parking areas only.
Other Prohibited Activities
- Other prohibitions on the refuge are dogs off-leash; off-road vehicles; and collecting of plants, animals, minerals, antlers, and artifacts.
- Waterfowl (duck, goose and coot), snipe and upland gamebird hunting are permitted on the refuge during the regular Washington State hunting seasons in public hunting areas designated on the refuge map.
- All other species are protected, e.g., coyotes, cougars, crows, deer, squirrels, turkeys, and rabbits.
- For the current regulations related to hunting on Toppenish NWR, please visit www.fws.gov/mcriver/regulations/.
- Firearms and other weapons are subject to state law. At all times, persons possessing, transporting, or carrying firearms on the refuge must comply with all provisions of state law.
- Firearms may only be discharged in accordance with refuge hunting regulations, i.e., only during the lawful pursuit of game during legal seasons.
- Only shotguns are permitted for hunting and only with non-toxic shot.