On refuge lands, you are allowed to cut wood for personal use (not sale) as follows:
- you may freely collect driftwood or dead standing wood.
- You are also allowed to freely cut live trees with trunks less than 3 inches wide at chest height.
- For live trees that are between 3 and 6 inches wide at chest height, you are allowed to cut up to 20 trees per year.
- No permit is needed for any of the above wood gathering.
- If you want more or larger live trees, please contact the Selawik Refuge office to apply for a permit.