Facility Rules and Policies
We encourage the visiting public to call this refuge their own. As with any public use area, we ask you to care for the land and wildlife resources as your own, while calling on you to observe some simple rules and regulations.
- The refuge is open daily from one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
- It is illegal to remove or disturb any wildlife, plants, artifacts, or other government property.
- Most refuge roads are closed to all private vehicle traffic, but open to walking and bicycling.
- Pets are permitted on a leash.
- Littering is strictly prohibited.
- Campfires, and fireworks are prohibited.
- Overnight Camping is prohibited on the Refuge.
- Visitors may pick up to 2 quarts of blueberries per person, per day.
- The use of mechanized, motorized, or wheeled devices (including bicycles) or equipment is prohibited in the designated Wilderness Areas.
- All-terrain vehicles are prohibited from the refuge.
- See also our Hunting Rules and Regulations