Facility Rules and Policies
There are lots of fun, interesting, and educational things you can do on the refuge. Keep in mind, if an activity is not wildlife related and doesn’t help in the protection or understanding of wildlife or their habitat, there are probably refuge rules governing this activity. Please check with the refuge management before participating in an activity that could harm the environment or yourself. There are plenty of activities at Missisquoi NWR for you to enjoy. Be safe and have fun!
For full information please refer to the refuge general brochure and maps which can be downloaded from this site.
- The refuge is a day use facility only and does not allow overnight camping.
- Pets must be leashed and under the control of the owner while on the refuge.
- The refuge is closed from dusk until dawn unless otherwise permitted by refuge manager.
- The refuge closes areas in the lake to boat access to protect nesting birds and sensitive wildlife habitat. To view a map of areas closed to boating click here.
- Most public use is permitted on designated public use trails and along the Missisquoi and Dead Creek Rivers by boat. Please observe closed areas to protect wildlife. Click here for a map of open and closed areas.
- Recreational drones are prohibited on refuge land.