Laws and Regulations
The following are general rules and polices for the Missisquoi NWR. For full information please refer to the refuge general brochure and maps which can be downloaded from this site.
- The refuge is a day use facility only and does not allow overnight camping.
- Pets must be leashed and under the control of the owner while on the refuge.
- The refuge is closed from dusk until dawn unless otherwise permitted by refuge manager.
- The refuge closes areas in the lake to boat access to protect nesting birds and sensitive wildlife habitat. To view a map of areas closed to boating click here.
- Most public use is permitted on designated public use trails and along the Missisquoi and Dead Creek Rivers by boat. Please observe closed areas to protect wildlife. Click here for a map of open and closed areas.
- Recreational drones are prohibited on refuge land.