Our Services

Special use permits are issued for compatible secondary uses, research, commercial photography, nuisance trapping and other short term related activities. For questions and more information about special use permits, please call the refuge headquarters at 573-847-2333.

Silhouette of a person walking with a shotgun on the tundra

Some commercial, recreational and research activities are allowed on national wildlife refuges only with a special use permit issued by the local office, and are subject to specific conditions and fees. This permit requirement is meant to ensure that all activities at the federal site are...