Experienced supervisors, with approximately 3 or more years who are interested in enhancing and developing their skills in the mid and senior level core leadership competencies and have completed an entry level training such as Supervisory Skills Workshop or Applied Supervision.
Summary and Objectives:
This newly revised course provides participants the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of best supervisory practices in today's challenging and constantly changing work environment. Feedback from a custom 360 Self-Awareness Assessment that focuses on 11 competencies for mid and senior level supervisors provides the foundation for personal development and application throughout the course. From developing strategies in influencing key stakeholders to creating an effective initiative for leading through change, participants are kept engaged in this interactive participant-centered 4.5 day course. Additional topics include team building, conflict management with the Strengths Deployment Inventory, managing work and time management, personal development and how to address performance and conduct issues. This includes a question and answer session with a Washington Office Human Capital representative.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify strengths and developmental opportunities from a self-awareness instrument.
- Utilize a variety of strategies to persuade and influence others' behaviors or perceptions constructively.
- Build a cohesive work group or team to complete required work.
- Analyze various sources of conflict and manage such conflict toward positive outcomes based on individual preferences.
- Support a performance based work culture by recognizing and motivating employees.
- Lead and initiate resolution toward performance and conduct issues in the workplace.
- Apply skills to deal with, lead and initiate change.
- Evaluate and improve processes and programs to achieve performance outcomes.
- Create and implement a professional growth plan that is focused on developing supervisory and leadership competencies.