Location and Contact Information
Upper Klamath National Wildlife Refuge
On April 3, 1928, Calvin Coolidge reserved and set apart 7,560 acres of lands to be known as the Upper Klamath Wildlife Refuge, for the use as a refuge and breeding ground for birds and wild animals”. Today Upper Klamath NWR is composed of several units including Hanks Marsh on the south end of Upper Klamath Lake, the Upper Klamath unit on the north end, and the Barnes and Agency Ranch north of the Upper Klamath Unit. The Refuge represents important habitat for a host of waterbirds and are especially important to spring migrating waterfowl.