Trustom Pond National Wildlife Refuge (NWR)
Hunting and Fishing Program for 2022-2023
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will provide hunting opportunities at Trustom Pond National Wildlife Refuge (refuge) in 2022. Hunting opportunities for goose, dove, duck, coot, and merganser are available at Field 1, in coordination with the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM) as part of the South Shore Management Area (Figure 1). Saltwater fishing opportunities are available in designated areas from September 16 through March 31. The Trustom Pond water body is closed to hunting and fishing.
For the 2022 hunting season, there are new opportunities for white-tailed deer hunting at the Trustom Pond Unit. Hunting is by refuge permit only, with season and weapon restrictions. Hunters will be selected through a lottery drawing. Rhode Island Archery Proficiency Certification is required for all permitted hunters, see more information at https://dem.ri.gov/. State safety regulations apply, including safety setbacks.
2022 Program Details:
Trustom Pond hunting unit is open to archery-only white-tailed deer hunting.
• There are two (2), one-week hunting sessions permitted: 11/02 – 11/08/2022 and 11/30 –
• Ten (10) hunters will be permitted to hunt during each hunt session.
• Lottery entries and permits are available online at rhodeislandpermits.recaccess.com. Hunters may submit one lottery entry and will indicate a preference for hunting session.
• Cost to enter the lottery is $5.00. If selected to hunt, the permit cost is $15.00.
• Permitted hunters are allowed to take fox and coyote during their deer hunting session.
• Hunters must use designated parking on the National Wildlife Refuge.
Trustom Pond NWR will be closed to all other activities during the deer hunting sessions.
For questions, call the refuge office at 401-364-9124or email us at email@example.com