Facility Rules and Policies
As you visit, please keep in mind that you are a guest here. The habitats we manage are homes to several species of birds and other wildlife. We provide their houses, food stores, breeding grounds, and rest areas. You can be a welcome guest by following a few simple guidelines and setting an example for those who are not “in the know”!
- Visit from ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset.
- Stay on designated refuge trails and at designated refuge viewing areas.
- Stay in your car along the Wildlife Drive until you reach designated viewing areas marked with a brown and white binocular sign. From May 25 – August 15, you may exit your car anywhere along the Drive, but you must stay with your car.
- Walk and bicycle along the Wildlife Drive from May 25 – August 15 only. Park at the Visitor Center Parking lot, not along the Wildlife Drive.
- Walk your dog on a leash on the Seneca Trail and Refuge entrance road only.
- Fish only in designated areas.
- Observe information and orientation signs.
Please Do Not:
- Leave designated trails, walk on dikes, enter into water/Refuge pools, enter into closed areas.
- Jog/Run anywhere on the refuge.
- Camp, have fires, or stay overnight on any part of the Refuge.
- Collect any materials (feathers, plants, rocks, animals, etc.) from the Refuge.
- Park on the Wildlife Drive and then take a walk along the Drive. Parking is available at the Visitor Center Parking lot.
- Bicycle anywhere on the refuge, except on the Wildlife Drive from May 25 – August 15.
- Fish or boat in Refuge pools and other waters. You may fish and boat in the canals and rivers around the Refuge from designated fishing and launching areas.
- Feed wildlife.
- Fly drones.
- Walk your dog, except on the Seneca Trail and Refuge entrance road.