Facility Rules and Policies
Wildlife-dependent recreational activities are allowed on waterfowl production areas, including hunting, fishing, trapping, wildlife observation, photography, environmental education, and interpretation. Please observe the following regulations to protect natural resources and to help ensure that your visit will be safe and enjoyable.
- Vehicles are permitted only on designated roads, parking areas, and on the ice for ice fishing. Vehicle access to the ice is limited to ice accessible from a right-of-way or designated road.
- Motorized vehicles must be licensed in accordance with State laws and regulations.
- Motorized boats are allowed for wildlife-dependent activities. Boats that must be launched from a trailer are limited to those waters that are accessible from a right-of-way or designated road.
- Collection of mature wild fruits, berries, above-ground portion of asparagus, and mushrooms for personal daily non-commercial use is allowed.
- Commercial activities are not allowed unless authorized by a special use permit issued by the manager.
The following activities are prohibited on waterfowl production areas and associated parking areas:
- Overnight camping
- Littering, including leaving spent shotgun shells or the remains of hunted animals
- Removing or disturbing property, including artifacts
- Removing natural objects or destroying plants, excluding the gathering of dead plant materials for on-site blind construction
- Riding or using horses for any purpose
- Dog training
Please visit the Hunting and Trapping and Fishing pages for additional regulations that apply to each of those activities.