The Columbia River FWCO Science Communication and Outreach Program provides lesson plans and instructional activities for easy use by educators and community groups. The lesson plans can be supplemented into existing courses and programs, such as the Salmon in the Classroom program, or used as stand alone activities. Most resources listed are available as kits to be loaned out to local schools and community organizations.
Request an Environmental Education Resource
- Check the calendar to make sure the kit is available for the dates you request
- Fill out the Request Form and select "Request and Environmental Education Kit". Someone from our office will contact you to coordinate a pickup and dropoff.
- Fish Dissection - Full Lesson Plan and Components
- Survival Adaptations - Full Lesson Plan and Components
Salmon Food Web
- Salmon Food Web - Full Lesson Plan and Components
- Build A Healthy Salmon Stream - Full Lesson Plan and Components