Ways to Get Involved
Visit the Monument Management Plan page to share your ideas and suggestions for managing the monument! https://www.fws.gov/project/monument-management-plan
10 Ways to Help Our Ocean
1. Conserve Water - Use less water so excess runoff and wastewater will not flow into the ocean.
2. Reduce Pollutants - Choose nontoxic chemicals and dispose of herbicides, pesticides, and cleaning products properly.
3. Reduce Waste - Cut down on what you throw away.
4. Shop Wisely - Choose sustainable seafood. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable bag.
5. Reduce Vehicle Pollution - Use fuel efficient vehicles, carpool or ride a bike.
6. Use Less Energy - Choose energy efficient light bulbs and don't overset your thermostat.
On the Water
7. Fish Responsibly - Follow "catch and release" practices and keep more fish alive.
8. Practice Safe Boating - Anchor in sandy areas far from coral and sea grasses. Adhere to "no wake" zones.
9. Respect Habitat - Healthy habitat and survival go hand in hand. Treat with care.
10. Volunteer for cleanups at the beach and in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed too!