Stewart Lake National Wildlife Refuge is managed by the Audubon Wetland Management District. The District Headquarters and Visitor Center is located at: 3275 11th St NW, Coleharbor, ND 58531. Please visit the Visitor Center to learn more about this Refuge.
Stewart Lake is best accessed traveling 10 miles north of Bowman, ND using Highway 85 and continuing 3 miles west using 74th ST SW. The Refuge is closed to all public uses.
Other Facilities in the Complex
Stewart Lake National Wildlife Refuge part of the Audubon Wetland Management District. The District manages an array of private and fee-title land held by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Rules and Policies
Protecting the Refuge
For the protection of wildlife, habitat and other visitors, please observe the following regulations:
- The refuge is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Plants, animals, artifacts and other natural materials are protected and may not be disturbed.
- Persons possessing, transporting, or carrying firearms on National Wildlife Refuge System lands must comply with all provisions of State and local laws. Persons may only use (discharge) firearms in accordance with refuge regulations (50 CFR 27.42 and specific refuge regulations in 50 CFR Part 32).
- Horseback riding
- Recreational Water Sports
- Devices capable of shooting or directing a projectile or liquid at another person or wildlife