Skip to main content
Facility Rules and Policies
- The refuge and its trails are open daily from sunrise to sunset.
- The public restroom is open but there are no potable water sources. Please plan accordingly.
- Service animals (those that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability; the task(s) performed by the service animal must be directly related to the person’s disability) are allowed in all areas of the refuge that are open to the public, including refuge parking lots, roads, and trails.
- Pets (non-service animals) are not allowed on the refuge.
- The trails are unimproved and of minimal difficulty, though they may be seasonally wet. Please stay on maintained trails.
- All plants and animals, parts thereof, and other objects of nature are protected from disturbance. Collection is prohibited.
- Observe wildlife from a safe and respectful distance. Binoculars and spotting scopes allow you to view wildlife closely without disturbing them.
- Please do not feed wildlife; it may make them unnaturally dependent on humans and more susceptible to disease.