Skip to main content
Facility Rules and Policies
- Service animals (those that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability; the task(s) performed by the service animal must be directly related to the person’s disability) are allowed in all areas of the refuge that are open to the public, including refuge parking lots, road, trails, and visitor centers.
- Pets (non-service animals) are not allowed on refuge trails or in the visitor center.
- No overnight parking is allowed.
- Use of motorized vehicles is prohibited. Motorized vehicles disturb wildlife, cause erosion, disturb other refuge visitors, and shatter the tranquility of the refuge.
- Jogging, bicycling, and horseback riding is not allowed on refuge trails. These activities may disturb visitors and wildlife and erode trails.
- It is against the law to damage archaeological sites or remove artifacts such as old bottles or arrowheads on the refuge. Please help protect sites by leaving artifacts in place and reporting locations to refuge staff.