Our Services

Cooperative Agriculture, Haying, and Grazing

To better accomplish our grassland management objectives, we regularly utilize agricultural practices to manage and enhance habitat for wildlife. If you are interested in grazing livestock, harvesting hay, or cooperatively farming lands on Chase Lake National Wildlife Refuge, please contact the Refuge Manager at (701) 752-4218 or chaselake@fws.gov.

Special Use Permits

We issue special use permits on a case-by-case basis. Most commonly, these permits are issued for activities such as specimen collection, closed-area entrance, or other permissible activities. Our permit program ensures that such activities are carried out in a manner that minimizes impact to wildlife. Contact the Refuge Manager to request issuance of a Special Use Permit.