Facility Rules and Policies
If you have questions regarding the rules and regulations or are in doubt about a specific activity, please contact the Wetland Management District headquarters at 406-727-7400.
All Waterfowl Production Areas, except the Sands and H2-O WPAs, are open to migratory game bird hunting, upland game bird hunting, big game hunting, and trapping in accordance with Montana state regulations and seasons. Be sure to observe posted boundary signs, no hunting zones, closed areas, and additional site-specific regulations.
• Hunters must use non-toxic shot. Hunters may not possess or use toxic (lead) shotgun shells while on WPAs.
• Hunters may not use or possess alcohol while hunting on WPAs.
• Hunting blinds must be removed at the end of each day.
• Walk-in access only.
- Off-road vehicle use
- Equestrian use
- Dogs off-leash, except during hunting season
- The use of motorized watercraft (except on Arod WPA)
- Camping or overnight use (except in designated areas on Arod WPA)
- Open fires (except in designated areas on Arod WPA)
- Picking or destroying flowers, shrubs, or any other living vegetation
- Collecting of plants, animals, antler sheds, minerals, and artifacts