Welcome. Engage. Inspire.
We are a network of communications professionals welcoming all people into the world of conservation, engaging them in the work of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and inspiring them to conserve and enjoy America’s wildlife and wild places. We promote opportunities for all to participate in conservation efforts and the decision-making process. We use storytelling to build relationships, communicate the science behind the Service’s actions, and connect audiences in a shared mission of land and wildlife stewardship.
We are proactive.
We aim to drive the conservation conversation, not simply react to it.
- Furthers One Service Communications: Think nationally, communicate locally. We value and support communications professionals at all levels and in all corners of the organization to further cross-program collaboration and encourage consistent messaging.
- Provides Strategic Counsel: We provide strategic communications advice and counsel to Service employees at all levels of the organization.
- Encourages Creative Communications: We believe that engaging content can better connect the public and our partners with our work and facilitate relationship building. We strive to build understanding of conservation and science in new ways that resonates and is accessible to all.
- Values Relationships: We meet and engage people where they are, whether that be in person or in a virtual space. We strive to engage and build relationships with all people and communities and value their unique perspectives.
- Connects People: We are internal and external bridges between people, their communities, differing organizations and Service programs. We connect those who care for, respect, and depend upon wildlife and wild places.
- Engages Audiences: We are committed to keeping all audiences - the public, our partners, industry, Tribes, Congress, and fellow employees - informed in a timely and effective manner. We strive to be responsive and facilitate healthy information exchange.
- Serves as First and Best Source: We foster collegial relationships with members of the news media, serving as the first and best source on Service-related matters.