Requesting a review of a development project by our office is a two-step process:
- Request an official species list for your project area through the Service’s Information for Planning and Consultation ( ) system; then
- Send your complete project information to Ohio@fws.gov for review, including a copy of your IPaC-generated species list.
Step 1: Request an official species list for your project area through the Service’s Information for Planning and Consultation (IPaC) system (https://ecos.fws.gov/ipac/).
- When creating a project name in IPaC we ask that you use the following format: name of consulting firm (if applicable) - agency or project proponent (if known) - project name - any project code.
- Use of the Northern Long-eared Bat Rangewide Determination Key is not recommended for any project in Ohio at this time.
- Use of the Consultation Package Builder in IPaC is not recommended for most projects in Ohio at this time.
- The FHWA Determination Dey for Indiana and Northern long-eared bat (NLEB) may be used for Federal Highways projects.
Step 2: Submit complete information for your proposed project to our office at Ohio@fws.gov with the subject line: Project submittal for review (IPaC#xxxx-xxxx).
- You must attach a copy of your IPaC-generated species list to your email.
- The Ohio Ecological Services Field Office will send a response email within approximately 30 days of receipt with technical assistance or further recommendations for specific species.
For more detail instructions, please see the following document: OHFO IPaC Instructions
After receiving our email response if you have questions or need additional coordination:
- Please email Ohio@fws.gov or the biologist assigned to the project (if known).
- Please include the IPaC Consultation Code in the email subject line and a copy of your IPaC output letter in your email to help expedite our review.