3-200-52: Reissuance, Renewal, or Amendment of a Permit

This application is used to renew, amend, or get a permit re-issued by mail.

When a Different Application May Be Needed

  • This form cannot be used to replace a lost or damaged permit. If you need to replace a lost or damaged permit, use application form 3-200-66.  
  • If you are renewing your Designated Port Exemption permit, use application form 3-200-2 and submit to the appropriate Office of Law Enforcement address noted in the permit application form. If you are renewing your Import/Export license (required for commercial activities), use application form 3-200-3 and submit to appropriate Office of Law Enforcement address. 
  • Some activities, such as all master files for multiple shipments, Certificate of Scientific Exchange (COSE), circus/traveling exhibits, Captive-Bred Wildlife Registrations, CITES Appendix I Commercial Breeding Operations, and artificially propagated plants, can only be re-issued, renewed, or amended by submitting a new application for those activities. Please refer to these application types to determine if another application form would be more appropriate. 
  • For sport-hunted trophies, if you did not hunt during the hunting season stated in your original application, you are not eligible for a renewal. Please submit a new application form. 

To Complete This Form You Will Need the Following:

  • Your original permit. 
  • Copies of all cleared documents and form 3-177 (FWS declaration of wildlife) associated with the permit, if applicable. 
  • A summary detailing activities conducted under this permit, as well as a brief statement of why you are seeking reissuance/renewal.
  • If a condition of your permit, provide the required annual report. 


Submit an Application

To submit an application online or through the mail, follow the instructions on our ePermits site

Application Processing Fee 

Please refer to 50 CFR 13.11(d)(4) in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.

ePermit ID