This application covers plant species listed in Appendix I of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) and/or any plant species listed under the U.S. Endangered Species Act (ESA), whether live or dead and including any readily recognizable parts, products, or derivatives unless otherwise noted in the Appendices.
Interstate Commerce permits authorize the sale of endangered and threatened species across State lines, but only for activities determined to be consistent with the purposes of the ESA. Interstate commerce activities with plants require, prior to the sale, that the seller obtain a permit for plants coming from cultivated stock and that the buyer obtain a permit for plants taken from the wild.
To Complete This Form You Will Need the Following:
- The source of the specimens, either wild or artificially propagated.
- Any applicable documents to show the legal acquisition and transfer of the specimens.
- For CITES Appendix-I species, a copy of the CITES import permit from the importing country.
- Details on your proposed activity.
- Please note in addition to obtaining this permit for your proposed activity, for any commercial activity you will need to obtain an import / export license from our Office of Law Enforcement.