The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service maintains a law enforcement presence on National Wildlife Refuge lands for wildlife and public safety. Our refuge law enforcement officers protect fish, wildlife, plants and other natural, cultural and historic resources by fostering understanding and instilling in the visiting public an appreciation of refuge resources, laws, and regulations.
In the event of a True Emergency dial 9-1-1
Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge – Office: (304) 866-3858.
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm, closed Saturday, Sunday and Federal Holidays
Report all law enforcement violations to the Refuge Law Enforcement Office at 304-815-3000. All reports are strictly confidential. Thank you.
- WHO: Description of suspect and suspect vehicle
- WHAT: What is the violation?
- WHERE: Where did the violation occur?
- WHEN: When did the violation occur? Date and time?
- HOW: How did the violation occur? What happened?