Facility Rules and Policies
Rules and regulations must be followed at the refuge. Please familiarize yourself with our rules before your visit!
- Hiking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding and bicycling are allowed on designated routes.
- Hunting is permitted in accordance with state and refuge regulations. A refuge hunt permit is required.
- Persons possessing, transporting or carrying firearms on national wildlife refuges must comply with all provisions of state and local law. Firearms are not allowed in any Federal buildings.
- Dogs must be on a leash, not left unattended, and are restricted to designated pedestrian routes except when used for hunting in accordance with refuge regulation.
- Open fires
- Cutting firewood
- Off-road vehicles including snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles
- Flying drones
- Feeding wildlife
- Abandoning wild or domestic animals on the refuge
- Collecting plants, animals or other natural, historical or archeological items
- Overnight parking in parking lots except in designated lots
- Permanent structures such as tree stands, stairways or rope swings