A new map for CBRS Units NJ-02/NJ-02P, NJ-03P, NJ-04, NJ-15P, and NJ-16P, located in Middlesex and Monmouth Counties, New Jersey, was made effective on December 16, 2016, via Pub. L. 114-314.
- Final Revised Map for Units NJ-02/NJ-02P, NJ-03P, NJ-04, NJ-15P, and NJ-16P
- Pub. L. 114-314
- CBRS Mapper (includes updated boundary data for Pub. L. 114-314)
- Digital CBRS Data (includes updated boundary data for Pub. L. 114-314)
Archive for Units NJ-02/NJ-02P, NJ-03P, NJ-04, NJ-15P, and NJ-16P
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) prepared a draft revised map dated May 16, 2016, for three existing and three proposed new Coastal Barrier Resources System (CBRS) units in Middlesex and Monmouth Counties, New Jersey – Seidler Beach Unit NJ-02/NJ-02P, Cliffwood Beach Unit NJ-03P, Conaskonk Point Unit NJ-04, Sayreville Unit NJ-15P, and Matawan Point Unit NJ-16P. The draft map was prepared in accordance with the Coastal Barrier Resources Reauthorization Act of 2006 (Pub. L. 109-226) which directs the Service to prepare draft revised maps for all CBRS areas, make recommendations for additions to the CBRS, and solicit public comments.
The Service announced the availability of the draft map for a 45-day public comment period (July 7-August 22, 2016) in a notice published in the Federal Register (81 FR 44320). The Service sent letters to numerous stakeholders, including members of Congress; Federal, state, and local officials; and nongovernmental organizations to advise them of the proposed changes and opportunity for public comment. The draft map, Federal Register notice, and summaries of the proposed boundary changes were made available on the Service’s website during the public comment period. The Service considered the comments that were submitted and transmitted a final recommended map to Congress dated October 7, 2016.
Documents related to the Service’s draft maps and public review are linked below.
Final Recommended Map Dated October 7, 2016 and Related Information
- Summaries of Final Recommended Changes:
- Summary of Public Comments Received and Service Responses and Recommendations
- Final Recommended Map
- Final Recommended Map with Existing Boundaries*
- Shapefile of Final Recommended Boundaries
Proposed Map Dated May 16, 2016 and Related Information
- Federal Register notice announcing availability of draft maps and request for comments (July 7, 2016)
- Summaries of Proposed Changes:
- Proposed Map
- Proposed Map with Existing Boundaries*
- Shapefile of Proposed Boundaries
*The “existing boundaries” depicted on this map were superseded by Pub. L. 114-314.