Laws and Regulations

Refuge Access permits are required for all refuge users. When signed and in your possession, the cover section of the Public Use Regulations brochure serves as your permit for all refuge hunts (except all Quota Hunts) and other permissible activities, and acknowledges your understanding of the regulations contained within. While visiting the Refuge, Public Use Regulation Brochures may be obtained from various boxes located near the entrance of refuge access roads. Brochures may also be downloaded from this website.  

Furbearer trapping is allowed on Overflow NWR by Special Use Permit only. Permits may be obtained by contacting our refuge Headquarters with a formal request. All Special Use Permit

For refuge-specific regulations, see “Rules and Policies”.

For state regulations, see “Regulations” on the official Arkansas Game and Fish Commission website.

For questions, call the refuge at (870) 473-2869.