June 12 - 14, 2018
Silver Spring, Maryland
The Meeting will be held in Room 4527 within Building 3 (SSMC3) at NOAA Headquarters
National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
1315 East-West Highway, SSMC 3
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
If you plan to attend, please register for the meeting at: https://goo.gl/forms/GdzPzuwKOlyi3pHG2
If you are not able to access the online registration page, please RSVP to Susan Pasko with your name, affiliation, and dates of attendance.
Please refer to the Federal Register Notice for more details and registration information.
- A block of rooms have been reserved at the Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown at a group rate of $242/night, plus tax (if applicable).
- Breakfast is included in the room rate.
- Hotel Address: 8506 Fenton St, Silver Spring, MD 20910; Phone: (301) 589-4899
- The hotel is 0.6 miles from NOAA, or 10 minutes walk time
- To make a reservation use the following link: Book your group rate for FWU - ANSTF 2018
- Deadline for hotel reservations: May 30, 2018
Directions to NOAA
NOAA’s SSMC is a series of 4 tall buildings adjacent to the Metro station in downtown Silver Spring. The meeting will be held in SSMC 3 at 1315 East West Highway, room 4527. Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to enter through security. When you enter the building take the elevators up to “1” and check in at the security desk. Then proceed through security and up to the 4th floor. (When leaving, return to the Plaza level, marked “P”, to reach the street.)
Requirements for Security Clearance:
Please arrive 20 minutes early each day for security processing.
- U.S. Citizens: Please bring a government picture ID and check in at the security station at the SSMC3 first floor.
- Foreign Nationals: Please fill out the foreign national visitors form, fax it in to the number on the form, and let Susan Pasko (Susan_Pasko@fws.gov) know once its submitted. Upon arrival at SSMC3, check in at the security desk and then a NOAA employee will escort you into the building.
Traveling by Metro:
- Take the Red Line to Silver Spring.
- If you are coming from downtown Washington, DC, take the escalator steps toward the back of the train.
- If you’re coming South from Wheaton, take the escalator steps toward the front of the train.
From the I-495 Beltway:
- Take Beltway Exit 30-B (Route 29 South) to Silver Spring. This is Colesville Road.
- Follow Colesville Road in the center lane until you reach downtown Silver Spring and cross Georgia Avenue, then merge into the left lane.
- Go past the Metro Transit Center, the next street is East-West Highway, Route 410.
- Make a left at the light onto East-West Highway. At the third building with the “Hand” statue in front, make a left into the Garage.
- Take Beltway Exit 31-B (South to Georgia Avenue/Silver Spring).
- Follow Georgia Avenue down to Colesville Road.
- Make a right onto Colesville Road into the left lane.
- Go past the Metro Transit Center, then make a left at the next light onto East-West Highway. At the third building, with the “Hand” statue in front, make a left into the Garage.
From Washington DC/ Reagan National Airport:
- Take I-395 North to Washington.
- Take 12th Street Exit and turn right on 16th Street.
- Turn Right on Colesville Road at the traffic circle.
- Make a right at the light onto East-West Highway.
- At the third building with the “Hand” statue in front, make a left into the Garage.
From Baltimore, MD/ Baltimore Washington International Airport:
Take I-195 West to I-95 South. Take I-495 West To Silver Spring. Follow instructions above provided from the Beltway.
- Public Parking is very limited but available under the four building complex.
- Additional Public Parking is available adjacent to the Metro Transit Center near Georgia Avenue and Wayne Avenue.
- Silver Spring Parking Information - https://www.silverspringdowntown.com/transportation/parking-garages
Tuesday, June 12
|8:30-8:40 AM||Welcome & Housekeeping |
David Hoskins, USFWS; Assistant Director, Fish and Aquatic Conservation
Jennifer Lukens, NOAA Fisheries; Director, Office of Policy
|8:50-9:00 AM||Adoption of Agenda, Approval of Minutes, Status of Action Items|
|9:00-10:00 AM||FWS / NOAA Introductory Remarks|
Greg Sheehan, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, Principal Deputy Director
Jennifer Lukens, NOAA; Director, Office of Policy
|10:00-10:30 AM||Informational: New Species Occurrences and USGS NAS Database Tools |
Pam Fuller, U.S. Geological Survey
|10:30-10:45 AM||Informational: Ballast Water Management Dashboard|
Melissa Perera,, U.S. Coast Guard
|11:00-11:20 AM||Informational: Asian Carp Update |
Bill Bolen, Environmental Protection Agency
|11:20-11:40 AM||Informational: Habitattitude Update |
Mike Bober and Scott Hardin, Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council
|11:40-12:00 PM||Decisional: Nevada State Management Plan |
Laura Megill- Nevada Department of Wildlife
|12:00-1:30 PM||LUNCH (on your own)|
|1:30-1:40 PM||Discussion: ANSTF Update|
|1:40-1:55 PM||Discussion: DOI Update |
Hilary Smith, Department of the Interior
|1:55-2:10 PM||Discussion: ANSTF Report to Congress|
|2:10-3:50 PM||Informational: Member Updates|
|3:50-4:40 PM||Informational: Regional Panel Updates and Recommendations|
|4:40-4:50 PM||Public Comment|
|4:50-5:00 PM||Summary and Instructions for Next Day Sessions|
Wednesday, June 13
|8:40-9:00 AM||Review of Materials / Instructions for Group Sessions|
|9:00-11:30 AM||Goal Team Breakout Session 1|
|1:00-2:00 PM||Prevention Group – Report Out and Discussion|
|2:00-3:00 PM||EDRR Group – Report Out and Discussion|
|3:15-4:15 PM||Control and Restoration - Report Out and Discussion|
|4:15-4:50 PM||Group Discussion Summary|
|4:50-5:00 PM||Public Comment|
Thursday, June 14
|8:40-9:00 AM||Recap of Day 2|
|9:00-11:30 AM||Goal Team Breakout Session 2 |
|1:00-2:00 PM||Outreach and Education Group – Report Out and Discussion|
|2:00-3:00 PM||Research Group – Report Out and Discussion|
|3:15-4:15 PM||Coordination and Funding - Report Out and Discussion|
|4:15-4:50 PM||Next Steps / Meeting Summary|
|4:50-5:00 PM||Public Comment|