At Norfork NFH there are 96 outside raceways that visitors can walk around, view and feed the fish. There is also a visitor center that has educational animals and information about the hatchery. An added attraction is Dry Run Creek, which has a boardwalk with mobility-impaired access. This hatchery also has events held throughout the year. This hatchery has a friendly staff and volunteers who are more than happy to answer any question you may have.
Norfork NFH is just one of the many Service field stations whose mission is working with others to conserve, protect, and enhance fish, wildlife, and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people.
We are located at the base of the Norfork Lake Dam. Just across from the Army Corp of Engineers.
1414 State Hwy 177, Mountain Home, Arkansas 72653
Coming from Little Rock
- Take Hwy 5 N to Salesville. The hatchery is located 2 miles form the intersection of Hwy 177 S and 5 N. (3 hrs)
Coming from Branson
- Take Hwy 65 S from Branson through Harrison, AR.
- Turn east on Hwy 62/412 in Bellafonte.
- In Mountain Home, take Hwy 5 S 12 miles to Salesville.
- Bear left at the "Y" onto Hwy 177 S 2 miles to the hatchery. (2 hrs)
Coming from Springfield
- Take Hwy 65 S from Springfield through Branson, MO.
- Follow directions above from Branson. (2.5 hrs)
Coming from Mountain Home (northwest)
Continue on Interstate 55
Continue onto Arkansas Highway 177 for 1.2 mi
Turn left onto Fish Hatchery Circle
Coming from Pineville (southeast)
Head northwest on Arkansas Highway 177
Cross Norfork Dam
Turn right onto Fish Hatchery Circle