Facility Rules and Policies
Because all National Wildlife Refuges were established for the protection of wildlife, activities that are not wildlife dependent (those that do not require the presence of wildlife or that pose a threat to wildlife) are not permitted. They include:
- Dogs, horses and other pets are not permitted.
- Collecting, removing, or damaging plants or animals.
- There are no campsites on the refuge. Fires are not allowed.
- Bicycling, in-line skating, skateboarding, and roller-blading.
- Swimming and sunbathing.
- Kite flying and Drones are not permitted. During bird nesting season, kites or drones resemble larger birds that could prey on young chicks. This can frighten adult birds potentially causing them to abandon their nests.
- Feeding wildlife.
- Weddings are not allowed on Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge.
- Additional regulations may be in effect. Please contact the refuge headquarters for more information.
This list is not comprehensive. Additional regulations may be in effect. Please contact the refuge headquarters for more information. The wildlife thanks you for your cooperation.