Facility Rules and Policies
February 1 to October 15: All land and water areas of the refuge are open to foot and boat access. Refuge lands are open for public use activities from sunrise to sunset
October 16 to January 31: Portions of the refuge are closed for waterfowl sanctuary. Foot access is permitted on refuge land along the east side of Meredosia Lake in Morgan County. The boat ramp remains open throughout the year for access to Meredosia Lake.
Motorized Vehicle Access
- Motorized vehicles are permitted on Beach Road on the east side of Meredosia Lake, and on the entrance road and public parking area near the maintenance facility.
- Off-road vehicle use, including ATVs, is prohibited.
- Hunting is not permitted on refuge land.
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources conducts blind drawings in July for waterfowl hunting on Meredosia Lake.
- For more information about waterfowl hunting on the state managed Meredosia Lake, please contact the State Field Office at 309-543-3262.
- Sport fishing is permitted on all areas open to public access from February 1 to October 15. The use of bows or crossbows is prohibited.
- Wildlife observation is permitted in any area that is open to public access
Nut, Berry and Mushroom Picking
- Nut, berry and mushroom picking is allowed in any area that is open to public access
- Camping, overnight use of the refuge, fires and fireworks are not permitted
- Pets must be on a leash
The possession or consumption of alcohol is prohibited on refuge