Facility Rules and Policies
Protecting the Refuge
For the protection of wildlife, habitat and other visitors, please observe the following regulations:
- The Refuge is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Vehicles must stay on designated roads.
- Plants, animals, artifacts and other natural materials are protected and may not be disturbed.
- Pets must be leashed or contained in a vehicle.
- All litter must be packed out.
- Persons possessing, transporting, or carrying firearms on National Wildlife Refuge System lands must comply with all provisions of State and local laws. Persons may only use (discharge) firearms in accordance with refuge regulations (50 CFR 27.42 and specific refuge regulations in 50 CFR Part 32).
- Horseback riding
- Recreational Water Sports
- Devices capable of shooting or directing a projectile or liquid at another person or wildlife