Shells are a beautiful souvenir from your visit to the beach. While building your collection, it's important to remember that, with over one million visitors each year, there are only so many shells to go around. So please remember the following while you comb the beach:
- We allow each person to take one gallon or less of unoccupied shells per day.
- Shells may not be sold or otherwise used for commercial purposes.
- To keep from transporting
An invasive species is any plant or animal that has spread or been introduced into a new area where they are, or could, cause harm to the environment, economy, or human, animal, or plant health. Their unwelcome presence can destroy ecosystems and cost millions of dollars.
Learn more about invasive species you are not permitted to collect driftwood or plants.
- Since many animals are Federally protected, do not collect any bones or feathers.
- For your safety, avoid touching any metal or sea glass. Immediately report any metal objects that you suspect may be unexploded ordnances.