Ways to Get Involved
There are many opportunities to enjoy and help wildlife in New Jersey!
There are sometimes volunteer opportunities with the New Jersey Field Office. Visit the Contact Us page to inquire.
Also visit your local National Wildlife Refuge to inquire about opportunities to volunteer with staff or with a Friends group.
More ways to help New Jersey's wildlife!
At Home or Your Local Community Center:
- Create a Jersey Friendly yard
- Help pollinators or make a pollinator garden
- Help monarch butterflies
- Beyond monarchs: A pollinator primer
- Protect birds from window collision with tips from the Fatal Light Awareness Program
At the Beach:
- Share the Shore: How You Can Help Beach Birds
- Protect wildlife from Cats and Dogs at the Beach
- Report a shorebird with a leg flag
- Report a tagged horseshoe crab
- Help horseshoe crabs: count them, tag them, flip them
- Tips for helping turtles cross the road
- Help conserve wetlands by buying a Duck Stamp
- Report environmental violations to the State of NJ (1-877-WARN-DEP/927-6337)