Facility Rules and Policies
Applicable regulations are posted in the campgrounds and on trailheads located on the Refuge. In order to keep the Refuge experience enjoyable for everyone, please follow all appropriate regulations.
Answers to some of the more common questions that help preserve the Refuge for the enjoyment of all are below.
- No All Terrain Vehicle/Off Road Vehicle use is permitted on the Refuge. Snowmachine use is permitted when snow cover is sufficient, as determined by the Refuge Manager.
- Campground camping is limited to 14 days in a 28 day period.
- Quiet hours in the campgrounds are from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Discharge of firearms is prohibited within 1/4 mile of campground per state law.
- Please maintain control of pets at all times.
- Only collection of dead standing and downed wood is permitted for campfires.
- Never leave a campfire unattended.
- Fireworks are prohibited in campgrounds.
Overnight camping is allowed in highway pullouts throughout the state of Alaska unless otherwise noted.