Contact Us

If you would like to reach us, give our main office at Sacramento NWR a call at (530) 934-2801 from M-F 8:00am-4:00pm, or email us at

Found a baby bird?

The best care you can give a baby bird is to leave it be, where its parents can care for it....they are most likely keeping an eye on it! If it seems to be in danger from a pet or exposure, you might create a make-shift nest out of a towel and place it in the shade of a nearby shrub, or in the crook of a nearby tree. Please do NOT take the animal home or bring it to the refuge. The refuge is not equipped to care for injured or orphaned animals. In Butte, Glenn, and Colusa Counties please contact Bidwell Wildlife Rehabilitation at 530-343-9004 and they can direct you on where to seek assistance. In the Sacramento metropolitan area contact the Wildlife Care Association at 916-965-WILD(9453). The California Department of Fish & Wildlife maintains a list of Wildlife Rehabilitation Facilities by county on its website at:

Law Enforcement

Please notify a federal wildlife officer to report wildlife violations on the Sacramento NWRC.

  • Sacramento NWRC office: (530)934-2801 during business hours
  • State of California Hotline for Poaching and Pollution (includes wildlife violations after hours or to report violations on state/private property) 1-888-DFG-CALTIP (1-888-334-2258).
  • You may also report violations to 1-844-FWS-TIPS (397-8477) or FWS_TIPS@FWS.GOV
  • See more on the law enforcement page

Location and Contact Information