Whether you wield a smartphone or a zoom lens, you’ll find photo-worthy subjects at national wildlife refuges and national fish hatcheries. Necedah offers two year-round photo blinds, one on Boghaunter Trail and one on Lupine Loop to take photos from. Look up and down while hiking, photography opportunities in nature are all around you!
2022 Taken On the Refuge Photo Contest
Live your wild at Necedah National Wildlife Refuge- and while you're there capture some pictures of things you find beautiful. We want the people (YOU) to show us what you think is beautiful about the refuge.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Plants/Plant-like Organisms
- Special Assignment: Weather
How to Enter Photo Contest
- Choose 5 high resolution photos that were taken at the refuge
- Email entries in to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read “Photo Contest.”
- Send in entries anytime before September 1st
Rules & Regulations
- Photos must be taken On the Refuge
- Contest is open to all Amateur Photographers of all ages. A professional photographer is considered to be one who has clients, depends on photography for their income, markets their services and/or writes off their expenses as a business owner.
- Submissions do NOT have to be mailed--only emailed.
- Up to five entries (total) per person may be submitted – no more than three per category.
- Send photos in highest resolution possible. It may be best to send one photo at a time. You will receive a confirmation email if your submission has been received.
- Photos are allowed to be enhanced (brightness, sharpness, vibrancy, filter, black and white etc.) but may not photo shop elements that were not originally captured.
- All entries will be retained by the refuge and may be used for a variety of reasons including but not limited to publications, webpages, and presentations.
- Anyone whose photo has been disqualified will be notified before voting begins.
- Submissions must be emailed to Necedah@fws.gov. The
- All entries must be sent by September 1.