Facility Rules and Policies
Help us protect habitat and keep both you and our wildlife safe by following all rules and policies during your visit. Keep in mind that unless explicitly posted as a nature trail, public road, parking lot, or building, all areas of the refuge are closed to public entry. If you can't find information about your desired activity, give us a call!
- Wildlife Observation
- Nature Study
- Hiking on designated trails and roads
- Pets Allowed - You can bring Fido, but please keep your pet on a leash at all times and clean up after them. Dogs are only allowed on designated trails.
- Alcohol, marijuana and illicit substance use
- Feeding or harassing wildlife
- Collecting or disturbing plants and animals (dead or alive), driftwood or artifacts other than those specified in your hunting or special use permit
- Metal detectors
- Unmanned aircraft, such as drones
- Fires or fireworks
- Camping and overnight parking
- Picnicking outside of designated areas
- Use of personal watercrafts (such as water scooters and jet skis)
- Firearms are not permitted in Federal buildings