Skip to main content
Facility Rules and Policies
- The refuge is open (except designated closed areas) from one hour before sunrise until one hour after sunset.
- Pets should be leashed or under voice command. Please clean up after your pet.
- Fishing is permitted year-round in all lakes and seasonally (Mar 1-Oct 31) in Martin’s Lake in accordance with State and refuge regulations. Martin's Lake is catch and release only. A South Carolina fishing license is required.
- Only boats with electric motors are permitted; gas motors are prohibited.
- Swimming and wading are prohibited.
- Hunting is permitted during specific seasons in accordance with applicable State regulations and specific refuge regulations. A free refuge permit is required for all hunts and must be carried while hunting, and is not valid until signed. Permits are non-transferable.
- Drones, camping, overnight parking, open fires, alcoholic beverages, and littering are prohibited.
- Federal law protects all government property, including natural, historical, and archaeological features. Searching for or removing objects of antiquity or other value is strictly prohibited.
- Please do not pick flowers or remove any vegetation.
- Trails are designated for foot traffic only.
- To make your visit more enjoyable, you may wish to bring insect repellent and drinking water.