For all emergencies on the refuge, please call 911.
To report refuge violations call the administrative office at 256-848-6833 or the USFWS “Turn-in poachers” line at 1-844-NWR-TIPS (697-8477) or email NWR_TIPS@FWS.GOV
Refuge property is marked on the outside boundary with yellow paint hash marks and blue goose boundary signs.
- The Refuge is only open to the public from sunrise to sunset, with the exception of permitted hunting seasons.
- There is no camping, nor are campfires permitted on the refuge.
- Refuge signs define refuge boundaries.
- Pets are always welcome as long as they are on a leash.
- Bicycling is permitted on established roads but not on hiking trails.
- Firearms are permitted on the refuge in accordance with state and local law.
- Collecting plants or artifacts is prohibited on the refuge, including rocks.
- Disturbing or feeding wildlife is not allowed.
- ATV’s and UTV’s are prohibited.
- Use of artificial lights, including vehicle lights, to observe wildlife is not allowed.
- Alcohol is prohibited on all areas of Cahaba River National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are no public restrooms, so plan ahead!