Thank you for your interest in the Office of Law Enforcement of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, a federal agency within the U.S. Department of the Interior. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us via email or if you require a faster response, please call 703-358-1949 between 7:45 AM and 4:15 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
General Questions, Comments, Concerns
To contact a wildlife inspection office in your area, please refer to this document: Wildlife Inspection Offices
To contact a Special Agent in your area, please visit one of the following pages:
- Pacific Region (Hawaii, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and the Pacific Trust Territories)
- Southwest Region (Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas)
- Midwest Region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin)
- Southeast Region (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands)
- Northeast Region (Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia)
- Mountain-Prairie Region (Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming)
- Alaska Region (Alaska)
- Pacific Southwest Region (California and Nevada)
For general inquiries, please email us at: email@example.com and provide your:
- First and Last Name
- Preferred response email
- U.S. State (if applicable)
- Clearly state your question or concern
If you are contacting us to report a wildlife crime, please follow the link below, or call: 1-844-397-8477.
Professional Responsibility Unit
The Professional Responsibility Unit (PRU) is a criminal investigative unit whose primary function is to investigate allegations of misconduct by Service law enforcement officers, including their supervisors, from both the Office of Law Enforcement and the National Wildlife Refuge System. The PRU works directly for the Assistant Director, Office of Law Enforcement, is physically located at the National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, and can conduct investigations in all states and U.S. territories. For more information visit the Professional Responsibility Unit page.