At this field station we offer the following public services:
Visitor opportunities include a Visitor Center, access to different a variety of forests, beaches, trails, and boat ramps.
Near the Visitor Center there is a hiking trail leading to the Historic ruins of the Puerto Ferro Lighthouse and beach. While another leads to the Puerto Mosquito NNL Observation Platform. The Wildlife Refuge can be visited on both the Western and Eastern sides of Vieques, and is open to the public year-round. Recreational activities in the public areas include: bicycling, hiking, horseback riding, wildlife observation, wildlife photography, environmental education and interpretation.
In addition, our visitors will be able to do kayaking, paddle-boarding, fishing, snorkeling, and SCUBA diving at the beaches and lagoons.
Entrance fees are not required.
- Habitat Planning & Management
- Special Use Permit – For all Commercial Activities
- Special Use Permit – Fishing (Crab & Night Fishing)
- Special Use Permit – Research
- Special Use Permit – General for special events and similar activities
- Environmental Education Talks & Field Trips
- Environmental Education Virtual Talks